Wednesday, June 16, 2010

More Apple Corps



Here's a picture of Paul Hixon (on left) and Bobby Knisley (Xenia Hospitality Chorus). Note the medal around Bobby's neck. He was 1/4 of the winning Pick Up Quartet.


Here's a picture of 3 of the 4 members of the winning quartet. We never did find the fourth member for a photo, although I believe an Apple Corps photographer may have snapped our picture. I'll be looking for it.
Left to right, Bobby Knisley (Bari), unknown (but he sang Tenor with us late at night) Bob Cook (Bass), and Nathan ("Guru") Gura (Lead). It was Guru's insistence on not singing a pole cat that probably added to whatever it was that led to our being selected Champion Pick Up Quartet. (That or the big bribe we gave the judges.)

2 comments:

  1. In the second picture, the unknown tenor is Joe Klug, the director of the North Hills Harmony Line Chorus, and he is a tenor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and if I remember right, I think someone said the tenor in the pick-up quartet was a member of the Alliance chorus, but I'll be darned if I can remember his name either.

    ReplyDelete