Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Barbershoppers In Town From Ashland Kentucky

I was eating breakfast at Bob Evans in Chillicothe with some men from our church. While we were talking to one another I looked up and saw the Barbershop Harmony Society logo on the shirts and jackets of a group of men that came to eat.

My excitement level must have startled these men as I jumped from my seat to greet them and ask where they were from. I guess deep down inside I thought that maybe they were in the area already and I had overlooked them or was unaware of their existence when starting the chorus. Nevertheless they explained who they were and what they were doing in Chillicothe. These men were going to an annual competition for quartets and choruses that want to compete on the international stage.

These barbershoppers from Ashland Kentucky were just passing through but were very kind and sang a song for us before we left. They did a great job and this was evident by the applause from others eating their breakfast that were listening in.

I hope that these guys made it safely to thier destination and there admonition to us was, "keep the whole world singing". To that I say, "It's great to be a barbershopper in Chillicothe Ohio." I am thankful we have started this chorus and I appreciate all of you for your hard work and committment to helping us grow.

If you are reading this and you want to come out and give barbershop a try, we meet on Monday nights at 7:30 pm. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment